Certified Play Area Safety & Compliance Inspection
Certified RPII L3 Playground Inspection for Schools, Early Childhood, Councils Parks and Indoor Play Areas
The Certified Audit to NZS5828:2015 provides assurance that your playground is safe and that it meets the requirements of the safety standard. This includes a comprehensive inspection of your play area by a certified, independent Level 3 RPII Inspector and ensures that safety hazards and non-compliance's are identified and reported well before failure and injury.
Hazards such as structural issues, entrapment's, worn or broken components, falling spaces and other safety hazards or non-compliance's are assessed to NZS5828:2015 Standards and then formally identified in a comprehensive digital report document that includes photos, risk assessment and recommendations for every finding identified.
Our play inspections reports are unique, both comprehensive, practical and are a solution-focused working document that often becomes an action plan for the BOT to plan repairs, maintenance, upgrades or long-term replacement.
Safety Audit Includes:
• Independent compliance audit to NZS5828;2015 (+ Appendix A Supervised ECE if applicable).
• Structural assessment / condition grading
• NZS5828 Standards classifications
• Entrapment Probe & gauges check (head, neck, torso, leg and fingers plus chain, dim gap projections).
• Comprehensive hazard inspection including structural stability check.
• Wear and tear/maintenance issues.
• Fallzone / falling spaces and fall heights check.
• Inspection of all play equipment, landscaping features within the play area.
• Inspection of all materials, protrusions and finishing.
• Inspection of play safety surface (depth check for loose-fill / visual for synthetic).
• *Surface Impact Test* additional if required on synthetic surfaces (loose-fill surfaces will be depth checked).
• Comprehensive digital report document including risk ratings and recommendations.
• Certificate of Inspection - proof of assessment to NZS5828:2015.
• Certified Inspection label placed on the playground.
Why inspect play areas?
In the event of a serious playground injury, fundamental and baseline compliance with the NZS5828 is the first evidence requirement. Owners and operators of play areas bear the burden of proof in the event of a life changing injury or death, failure to identify risk and comply with standards may be cause for negligence, blame and ultimately fault.
Playsafe's comprehensive inspection services are designed for identifying and reporting hazards in any play area. It provides verification and assurance that all hazards and non-compliance's are identified to the NZS5828:2015 by an independent certified third party.
We provide inspection directly for Schools, Councils, Early Childhood, Manufacturers, Builders, Landscape Architects, Interior designers and Installers.
Our play inspection reports are comprehensive, practical and are a solution-focused working document that often becomes an action plan for the BOT to plan repairs, maintenance, upgrades or long-term replacement. Our play area reporting services are recommended by MoE, ERO and Local Government throughout New Zealand.
Our inspectors are independent, certified, confidential, police vetted and professional indemnity insured.